27 February 2012

The 84th Annual Academy Awards

Last night was my favorite night of the year! Overall, I thought the show was great. Billy Crystal is always an enjoyable host. His opening film montage was amusing and I appreciate that he's not an overly insulting host. As for the winners, I didn't think there were any big surprises. While I had hoped Viola Davis would win, Meryl Streep is always a deserving contender and I found myself incredibly happy for her 3rd win. I thought that the best three acceptance speeches of the night belonged to Octavia Spencer, Christopher Plummer and Meryl.

Now to the fashion! There were many wonderful fashion choices seen on the red carpet last night.

disHonorable mentions for Worst Dressed:

Rooney Mara in Givenchy. The top of the dress just seems off to me and it seems that I may one of the few people who didn't appreciate the dress. I'm not a fan of her style...
Stacy Keibler in Marchesa. It seemed too '80s to me with the big flower on her hip. Perhaps in a different color it might have worked for me..
Kristin Wiig  in J Mendel. She seems to pick this nude color a lot and it just does nothing for her.

Worst Dressed:

3.) Berenice Bejo in Elie Saab. It looks very messy.

2.)Melissa Leo in Reem Accra. It's just so blah.

1.) Shailene Woodley in Valentino Couture. Very matronly and outdated.

Honorable Mentions for Best Dressed:

Sandra Bullock in Marchesa. I love the black and white of the dress with the touches of sparkle. I think she tried something a little different and it worked.
Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford. I love it's simplicity.
Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab Couture. I love the color. I love the sparkle. Beautiful!

Best Dressed:


3.) Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. Honestly, I hated this dress at first, with the exception of the color. It's grown on me and I really love it. The color is superb on her and the dress shows her personality.

2.) Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen. The dress is different and it works on her. I love the gold pattern on the black. It fits well and looks beautiful.

Octavia Spencer
1.) Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji. She really works her shape. The dress is stunning and flattering. She's stepped it up with every award show this season and this was a great final dress!

Michelle Williams
Jessica Chastain
                                                                                                  










No comments: