13 September 2008

Disappointment and a Beach Day


So...The Swans lost their game last night (The Western Bulldogs are now my least favorite team). Not only that, but two of my flatmates had people over. Therefore, Hannah and I were forced to evacuate down to Hotel Bondi to watch the game. I'm still quite certain the Swans would have won had I been on the couch in my Swans shirt with my Swans scarf and teddy bear... On the bright side, Adam Goodes looked good...

The temperature today reached nearly 90 so I went and got a Boost smoothie (All Berry Bang, tasted just like a fruit rollup). Then it was off to the beach for 2 hours. I hadn't thought that I had gotten too much color until I showered and noticed that I was in fact burnt in some places. I ended up not going for a swim today. It was too windy and windy = chilly. While at the beach I got to witness an off camera "Bondi Rescue". It was quite the spectacle, I guess a middle aged man must have nearly drowned. The lifeguards brought him to the beach on their surfboard things and had to drag him onto the sand. Apparently he must have been unconscious. Some emergency people eventually came and the man came to. I would have been terribly worried if the Bondi rescuers hadn't been so calm. Personally, from 10 metres away I was quite sure the guy was dead....

Festival of the Winds tomorrow!


No comments: